Directions to the
Osmanli Nakş-i’bendi Hakkani Dergahi
From Long Island and Queens, Brooklyn
Take Interstate 87 North towards Albany. Continue with directions below (from I-87 North)
From Manhattan – midtown
1. Take the LINCOLN TUNNEL to the New Jersey Turnpike North.
2. Go 5.8 miles and take the I-80 WEST RAMP exit towards HACKENSACK
3. Merge on I-80 WEST
4. Go 5.4 miles and take the GARDEN STATE PARKWAY NORTH to the end. Follow signs for Interstate 87 North towards Albany.
5. Continue with directions below (from I-87 North)
From Manhattan – George Washington Bridge
Follow Route 4 West to Route 17 North. Continue on Route 17 North until it leaves New Jersey and merges with the New York Thruway (I-87) North (toward Albany). Continue with directions below (from I-87 North)
From New Jersey
Take the Garden State Parkway North or Route 17 North all the way to Interstate 87 North towards Albany. Continue with directions below (from I-87 North).
From Albany or points north
Take Interstate 88 West toward Binghamton. Take Exit 11 – Unadilla. Turn left on Route 357. Continue about two miles. Turn right on Wheat Hill Road. Dergah is at top of the hill on the right.
From Binghamton and points west
Take Interstate 88 East toward Albany. Take Exit 11 – Unadilla. Turn Right on Route 357. Continue about two miles. Turn right on Wheat Hill Road. Dergah is at top of the hill on the right.
From I-87 North
1. On I-87, take exit #16 (Harriman, Monticello, Monroe, etc.)
2. Pay 50 cents toll and take RT-17 (US-6) WEST
3. Go about 70 miles on Route 17 to ROSCOE, exit #94
4. At end of exit ramp, turn left.
5. Follow signs and continue on RT-206/CR-7 (west or north)
6. Go 11 miles to a T, and turn Left on RT-30 south/RT-206 west (toward Oneonta)
7. After about 3 miles, enter Downsville. Continue on RT-206
8. Go 10 miles to Walton. Follow signs for Rt. 206 and turn right at STOP sign to cross bridge.
9. At T (light), turn Left on Delaware ST (toward Oneonta)
10. Go one block, where there is another light. Turn right on Townsend St (toward Oneonta). This is a residential street with several stop signs.
11. Go about one mile to the end (T) and turn left on FRANKLIN RD (unmarked)
12. Go one mile and bear left onto Route 23 (toward Sidney and Sidney Center)
13. Go 11 miles into the center of Sidney Center Village. Turn right on Franklin Depot Road (next to a white Methodist church)
14. Go one mile and bear left onto Wheat Hill Road (not marked)
15. Go two miles to dergah. It is on the left, the first building after a lake.